Day#6 Valentine Challenge by Angela

Til Death Do Us Part

This was a Designer Challenge issued to The Crafty Scrapper Design Team.  We were given the Tim Holtz Idea-ology frame, a found relative, vignette panel and box. We were asked to create something for the February challenge.  

Now ya’ll know my brain can be a little….”dark and twisty”.  I had just completed a sweet and romantic mini album, so I walked around my studio and the farm, trying to find a bit of inspiration. The only thing that kept coming into my head was this project idea.  I have been playing around with alot of Finnabair products, so I knew I wanted to include those too.  I hope that you don’t find this too dark and twisty, and that you will look beyond the title and enjoy the techniques.

I covered the canvas with Finnabair’s soft matte gel medium and placed Tim Holtz’s Collage Tissue Paper over the canvas.  This is the coolest product!!  It picks up color and texture, so awesome.

The coffin, panel box, vignette box and frame with Finnabair’s Rust Effects. I kept playing with the colors until I liked what I saw.  The Idea-ology letters, pearl necklace and faux diamond, were also adhered with the soft matte gel medium.

A piece of lace, pearls and flowers were added to the back ground of the box. I made a small block, out of a piece of cardstock…this was to pop up the wedding picture.  I didnt glue the baby on the frame until very last.

I started with an 8×10 blank canvas, the challenge items, a Tim Holtz coffin vignette, letters, Sandra Everston’s Relics and Artifacts and laid out my basic idea.

I covered the items with black heavy gesso, let it dry and used the Rust Effects on the coffin (all of the colors)… simulate mud and rust.  The letters are rubbed with Green Brocade Pearl Wax.

The letters here were rubbed with a copper pearl wax.
The wing is painted with heavy black gesso, followed by pearl wax rub and the heart is painted with heavy black gesso and rust effects, followed by a pearl wax rub.

Just look at the texture that the collage paper picked up, from the grain of the canvas!  I also used white gesso on the metal tag and wiped it, to get it into the debossed areas.

The individual pieces were adhered with Beacon 3-in-1 or Helmar Craft 450 glue.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope that you enjoyed the details!